Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Be Still

shhh...hold still...inside voices...listen...be still.

i have heard all of these things so many times growing up. i am still not good at any of them! be still? what does that even mean? dont you know i am a very stereotypical type A personality? but that is what i have been trying to tell myself for the past few weeks.

be still.

listen.

wait.

be still and know that God is here. listen for what God is trying to tell me over the noise of life. wait on God's perfect timing. these are all hard for me. i feel like some days are better than others, but today has been a bit more of a struggle. i am trying! God knows my heart and my desires, but i want to know HIS!

this song keeps coming to mind today. such a encouragement!

Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in earth".

blessings, ALo

No comments:

Post a Comment