Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Drained

drained

that is how i feel tonight. i am physically and mentally drained from a week of camp with middle schoolers and high school service tonight, and i am drained emotionally today after Thatcher's beautiful memorial service.

i wanted to say thanks for the prayers today. i really did ok, it is just a lot for anyone to process. it was an amazing time of celebrating all that God has been doing in and through Thatcher's life here. to hear the testimonies from nurses, people in response to the blog, family member's hearts...all heavily impacted by Thatcher's 2 months and 29 days.

there were two parts of this service that will always stand out to me.

1. at the beginning of the service, my friends robin and blake (aunt and uncle to Thatcher) along with nate (Thatcher's uncle, robin's brother) and a family friend got up to sing Holy Spirit. i have added a version to listen to. how awesome to say that they were welcoming the Holy Spirit in this time. to say that what they (Thatcher's family) longed for was His presence. it was so awesome to see the family get up and lead the whole place in worship. i am not sure how they did it, but it was amazing!


holy spirit by bryan and katie torwalt

2. eric, Thatcher's daddy, got up to speak. towards the end of his speech, he encouraged us to sing praises to God so that our voices would join Thatcher's in praise. i teared up because that is how i often think of Charlotte, singing and worshipping God, and since saying good bye to her, my worship and praise has been so different...so much more meaningful. what an awesome thing to think about...our now perfect children singing and worshipping with us! i cant wait to actually be in Heaven!!!

i was invited to the private burial and luncheon after the memorial. the family did an amazing job making the whole day a celebration. even though i was on an emotional roller coaster today, i was blessed to be there and be encouraged by eric and whitney and their families. Thatcher has changed so many lives and i cant wait to see how God continues to use this little guy to further His kingdom.

Scripture from today:
Psalm 42:2-11 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, "Where is your God?" These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng. Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon--from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me-- a prayer to the God of my life. I say to God my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?" My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, "Where is your God?" Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.


2 Corinthians 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.



Hebrews 4:14-16 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are —yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

please continue to pray for this sweet family. i remember how hard the first few days (after everything was over) were for me. please continue to prayer for peace and comfort!!!

blessings, ALo





No comments:

Post a Comment