Saturday, December 31, 2011

Thank God

i am thanking God for so much as we finish up this year. i am especially thanking God that it is over! this year has been, by far, one of the most challenging years for me. there were some serious low lows and some amazing high highs. i have tried very hard not to be down in the dump the whole year, but saying good bye to Charlotte right after the year started, was really rough. peter and i were able to grow so much closer together, we spent great time with our friends and family, we moved across the country, found an awesome new church, and have started making new friends (in fact we are having about 20 people over tonight...i bought a chocolate fountain!). 


i was really hoping that this less than ideal year would end with us finding out we were pregnant...no such luck. this week has been difficult with not spending the holidays with family, and the disappointment of a negative pregnancy test, and then starting my period was a big blow. i really thought that it would happen. i thought that we could finish the year on a high note. i thought that we would have some hope while we celebrate Charlotte's birthday next week. i dont understand why it is not happening for us. i try to tell myself that everything will happen when God whats it to, just how He wants it to, but that is not always easy to swallow. 


i will always cherish this year...Charlotte's year...for all that i have learned and grown through. i am so honored that God chose us for this journey, even though it is not easy. i am so thankful for the people that i have met and have helped me grow. i am especially grateful to God for bringing lisa into my life. i  have learned so much from her this year! i just know that Charlotte and Jaxton are best friends in heaven, just like their mommies down here. i am so excited about all that God is doing in and through lisa's life because of her faithfulness through the tests of life! i hope that the same can be said of me.


today i am looking forward...knowing that God is still right here, leading me and directing me. this year the only resolution i am making is to be aware each day of what God is doing in my life, to not forget all that we have been given and blessed with. i am going to look for the daily opportunities to share what God has given me with those around me. 


"God, thank you for this year. thank you for our time, though too short, with our sweet baby girl. i am trusting you with this next year. i know that you have so much for us...please make that plan abundantly clear. thank you for providing not only a new job for both of us, but a beautiful home, a growing church, many new friends, and the health of our family. thank you for the constant reminders that You are in control. please help me keep my eyes open to the needs around me. please help not become so consumed with my own life that i miss out on what You have for me. You have promised me the desires of my heart, help me remember that You know the best timing for all of those things! God, thank you for the countless blessings, especially the gift salvation through Your Son. thank you! Amen"


Romans 5:2-5 And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. 



i pray that you feel the love of God all through the next year...in good times and bad!

blessings, ALo

Happy New Year from the Loesers! (one of our Christmas card photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment