Tuesday, December 14, 2010

take heart!

hey everyone. it has been a week since my last post, but not much has changed with baby stuff. the good thing is that she is still in there, hopefully getting bigger and stronger. the final results of the amnio test did come back stating that baby girl is missing one of the X chromosomes, but that, thankfully, nothing else is missing or impaired. these results do not change anything for us, but they do tell us that it is definitely Turner's syndrome. the chances of this ever recurring in one of our pregnancies is less than 1%. the doctors want to continue to see me every two weeks along with frequent ultrasounds. my sweet momma is coming from michigan this week to go to the appointments with me. i have an ultrasound first and then my regular OB appointment. ideally, the ultrasound will show a decrease in fluid and show that the lungs and other organs are developing on schedule, or at least more so than the last appointment. obviously the risks are still high and there is a chance that there will not be a heartbeat. factually i understand this and feel capable of dealing with this. emotionally i feel totally unprepared and totally freaked out. please pray that regardless of what we find out i am able to stay strong an know that God is ALWAYS in control!! i have been reminded of a verse lately that means a lot to me, i hope that this brings you some peace with whatever you have going on in your life...especially during this holiday (crazy) season!

blessings, ALo

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world"

3 comments:

  1. Love you Aimee. I am praying for you during this time. Thanks for the updates since I don't get to see you as much as I would like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you guys! Thanks for the update, and I hope that your appointment this week was "ideal". And thanks for sharing that encouraging verse - I, too, needed to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to lift you and baby up to the King of kings. ALL things are possible with Him. love and hugs

    ReplyDelete