Tuesday, May 15, 2012

T Shirt

i can now compare my cervix to a stretched out t-shirt. at least according to the doctor that performed my dilation yesterday. thank you for the prayers yesterday! they are all greatly appreciated. i spent the morning at my friends robin and blake's house doing hair for a few people. i was busy enough that i did not have to focus too much on what was happening later in the day. when i got to the appointment i was really nervous and sweating...great! then my boss called me. poor guy...i may have started crying on the phone! lol!! he handled it well. told me i would be fine, said he would pray for me, then had his wife text me. :) anyway. what was supposed to be an in and out, wham bam thank you ma'am, kinda thing took forever because i had to wait so long for the doctor. waiting was not helping my nervous or my sweating. oh well.

the procedure was really not all that bad, and thankfully i had been prepped to take some tylenol before i got there. they dilated my cervix using what looked to be a metal prodder...super creepy! it basically just stretches my cervix out to make more room for "the little guys" to get through when it is time. it creates a bigger pathway for better flow. they are thinking that my cervix was too tight, or too closed to let the sperm get through with out tiring themselves out/giving up. i am still not clear as to how it all works, but when i asked how my cervix would stay dilated for the next two weeks as needed, the doctor said to think of my cervix as a t-shirt. when you pull and stretch a t-shirt, it stays stretched out until you wash it again. my cervix will stay stretched out until it is washed again??!!?? uh, ok. not really sure what that means and i didnt ask any more questions. i just went with it!!

after the dilation, i was feeling a little crampy, so i came home and laid on the couch for a little bit. i wasnt feeling too bad after a bit, so i got up and got ready for a friend/coworker's baby shower. after i had been at the shower for a little bit, i could tell that i needed more meds, because i was getting uncomfortable and a little nauseous. the doc had warned me that the cramping might feel like the early stages of labor...waves of intense cramps. yep, got that and had to leave in somewhat of a hurry. on the way home i had a little bit of an emotional breakdown on/with my friend, christie (who i called by her last name for some reason and it was a little awkward! blaming it on the hormones and emotions!). by the time i was home i was a ball of cramps, bloating, sweaty, emotional mess. i should have probably stayed home and skipped the shower, but i guess that would have been too easy. plus, that is just who i am.

today, i am feeling better. still not 100%, but lets not forget i am on my period too...yeah dilated on day two of my period...really gross and super awkward. so, some of my cramps are normal. i have not felt the need to take any medication today, so that is good. emotionally, i am a lot more stable today. procedures, and the anxiety of procedures make me emotional. baby showers make me emotional. the start of my period makes me emotional. so it is no wonder i was over the edge yesterday. but all because of prayer and awesome encouragement, i made it through!

yesterday i just kept thinking and praying over a few scriptures that kept coming to mind:
philippians 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

matthew 6:25, 27, 33-34 therefore i tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? but seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own.


i am claiming matthew 6:33-34 this month as my verse. in fact i have it framed and just hung it on a kitchen wall. i will show you a picture in our house video...still on production! :)


DONT WORRY! it doesnt help!

blessings, ALo

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmmm, well I guess that's better than the Dr. telling you he needed to 'shrink' your business because it's not tight enough and those little swimmers just keep falling right on out. lol. Me personally - I think I would have had to flaunt that right in all my girlfriend's faces. "Yeah, I'm lucky; I don't even have to turn around and stick my legs up on the wall for half an hour after sex!" (Sorry, I'm a fan of weird humor.) I've been reading your blog for a while; I found it after reading Lisa's. I admire a lot about you. I hope everytime I pop on here that I will read that you are knocked up. I must say it is a little strange keeping track of a complete stranger's cycle though! (Again, wierd humor.) I think you will be a really fun, terrific mom and I hope pregnancy happens for you really, really soon. So....here's to stretched va jay-jays and happy humping!

    ReplyDelete